Lorillard Federal Credit Union College Scholarship Information
Congratulations to the five recipients of our 2013 Royster M. Tucker, Jr., Memorial Scholarship
Each student will be awarded a $2,000 scholarship to further their education.
This year’s winners are Emily Hill, Sheridan Lea, Elizabeth Williard, Torie Weems and Michael Matthews
Pictured from left to right, Royster Tucker III, Sheridan Lea, Michael Matthews, Torrie Weems, Elizabeth Willard and Don Smith
Lorillard Federal Credit Union will award a college scholarship(s) for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Applications will be available October 1, 2013. Entries
must be postmarked or received by the Credit Union by March 15, 2014.
Winner(s) will be notified in advance and the scholarship presentation will be at the annual meeting, April 14, 2014
- Graduating high school seniors who will be enrolling in an undergraduate
course of study during the 2013-2014 school year at an accredited two year
or four year college, university or vocational-technical school OR
- Currently enrolled in an accredited two year or four year college or
- Parent, legal guardian, or applicant must be a member in good standing of
the credit union.
- High School GPA Minimum of 3.0 or College/Vocational-technical school GPA Minimum of 2.7
The Royster M. Tucker, Jr., Memorial Scholarship Committee will use the
following criteria to choose the scholarship recipient:
- Academic excellence and grade point average
- Leadership ability as exhibited by extracurricular activities, school
activities, community involvement, and employment.
- Personal Character
How to Apply
- Submit completed application (application available here soon)
- Mail or deliver the application to the credit union in a sealed envelope
along with your sealed and signed high school transcript, essay and three letters of recommendation by March 15, 2014.
Scholarship funds will be made payable to the school on behalf of the
winner(s). Recipients will be notified via telephone or mail prior to the annual meeting. Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in the
disqualification of the entry. Mail or deliver entries to:
Lorillard Fedral Credit Union
2917 South-Elm Eugene St.
Greensboro, NC 27406
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
(Our scholarship committee will consist of two NC Credit Union Executives, and one retired school teacher,
totally independent of Lorillard Federal Credit Union.